I love the history of corsets and how they have evolved over the years to create different shapes. Here are some of my favourite websites
Period Corsets
and here is a great resource, the training guide for corset sellers
Corset Sales-persons manual
Tight Lacing
And then of course there is extreme corset wearing, by this I mean tight lacing, whilst i am amazed at what ladies achieve with this I am not sure I could ever go this far, who is a better example of this than the legendary Dita Von Tease, whose natural 21 inches waist is tight-laced to a mere 16 inches (the size of a 3 year old child's apparently)

Corset Making
Something I have considered, but have not had the chance to try is making my own corset from scratch, I have made stays (Regency) and recovered corsets, but never made one from scratch. More on this soon, I think.
Here are some more great Corset Links:

This really is extreme tight-lacing, Ohhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment